Getting to Nantes-Royan by bus
Can I take my bike on buses?
- All year or from April to October, some buses of Pays de la Loire are equipped with bike racks at the rear. Others stow bikes in the hold.
- These services apply to the local bus lines and SNCF coaches.
- In Poitou-Charente, this service is not available for coaches.
- Warning: places are limited. Remember to book at least 1 day ahead!
- Helpful hints: please arrive 15 minutes before the coach is due to leave so that you have time to organise the loading of your bike. Bring your own elastic straps to block the brakes and a tender strap to secure the bike in the hold.
Which bus+bike lines serve the La Vélodyssée cycle route?
- In the Loire-Atlantique: to cross the St-Nazaire bridge, see the guidebook (page 34) + the Lila network bus line 17, from St-Nazaire to St-Brevin.
- Good to know: In the ‘Details’ section for each route stage, our website provides route maps that include useful information about bus services carrying bikes.
What are the times of buses connecting with La Vélodyssée?
Whether you are travelling with or without a bike, these websites give details of times and routes for your journey:
Where can I hire a bicycle or a trailer when I arrive?
Bike rental services are available at train stations and in the vicinity of tourist accommodation:
- Check out our interactive maps showing cycle route sections and stages