Getting to Roscoff-Nantes by train
Which stations are along the cycle route?
- In Brittany
- In the Pays de la Loire region
- Find your nearest train station
- Good to know: on our website, you can check station locations using our route maps, and find useful train information in the ‘Details’ section for each stage.
What are the times of trains connecting with La Vélodyssée?
- The TER regional train network in Brittany
- The TER regional train network in the Pays de la Loire region
- The SNCF national train network
Which trains can I take with my bicycle?
TER trains: Most TER regional trains carry bicycles free of charge. They are stowed either in mounted racks or in a dedicated storage facility.
Good to know: this service provides only a limited number of bicycle storage spaces. Passengers are advised to arrive 20 minutes before departure time and to avoid peak travel times.
Intercités trains: Bikes travel free of charge on all Intercités trains operating between Brittany and Nantes. No reservation required.
Good to know: Bikes which aren’t dismantled will be placed in the designated storage area (limited number of spaces available). Make sure you arrive early!
TGV services: Most TGVs accept bicycles. Look for the special bike symbol shown on printed timetables and on the website: voyages-sncf.com.
Bicycle reservations must be booked at the same time as you purchase your passenger ticket. A compulsory fee of €10 per bike is charged.
Good to know: If spaces for fully assembled bicycles aren’t available on your TGV, your bike must be folded or dismantled and placed in a bike bag not exceeding 90x120 cm in size. This can then be transported free of charge in the luggage facilities located at the end of each carriage.
What about travelling with a tandem or bike trailer?
- You can travel with a recumbent bike, a tandem or trailer provided that these items are dismantled and placed in a carrying bag.
- Good to know: the SNCF offers a dedicated bike delivery service!
Other useful information
- Combined ‘Train+Bike’ tickets can be purchased online at: www.voyages-sncf.com or www.captaintrain.com
- Avoid taking your bike on TER trains at peak times. If the train is too busy, the inspector may refuse to allow bicycles on board.
- Please walk with your bicycle in stations and on platforms.
- Find out more about the ‘Train+Bike’ services: www.velo.sncf.com
© Maud Le Houerou / CRTB
Where can I hire a bicycle or a trailer when I arrive?
Bike rental services are available at train stations and in the vicinity of tourist accommodation:
- Check out our interactive maps showing cycle route sections and stages
Where can I leave my vehicle?
- At the EFFIA car parks, close to major train stations.
- Call the tourist office at your departure point for advice on parking facilities.