Getting to Royan-Hendaye by bus
Can I take my bike on buses?
From England or Paris, you can reach Bayonne on a bus specially equipped to carry cyclists and their bikes (in a trailer).
- In Charente-Maritime, this service is not available for coaches.
In Gironde, county buses accept bikes in the bunkers.
Price for the bike : € 1.
- In the Landes, the Yego and XL'R networks carry with your bicycle from train to the seaside resorts crossed by the Vélodyssée.
- In Pyrénées Atlantique, it is possible to load his bike luggage aboard coaches of the intercity network routes toward Bayonne, except the 816 line Bayonne- Hendaye.
- Please note: spaces are limited, remember to call to verify the number of places available (Gironde: +33 500 033 0974 / Pyrénnées Atlantique: +33 800 64 24 64).
- Warning: places are limited. Remember to book at least 1 day ahead!
- Helpful hints: please arrive 15 minutes before the coach is due to leave so that you have time to organise the loading of your bike. Bring your own elastic straps to block the brakes and a tender strap to secure the bike in the hold.
- Good to know: Get on route maps of our site practical information on the cars carrying bicycles in the "detail"rubric of each stage.
What are the times of buses connecting with La Vélodyssée?
Whether you are travelling with or without a bike, these websites give details of times and routes for your journey:
Where can I hire a bicycle or a trailer when I arrive?
Bike rental services are available at train stations and in the vicinity of tourist accommodation:
- Check out our interactive maps showing cycle route sections and stages