Train & Bike
To really travel green, consider the train! The TER and other trains are a practical way to get back to the start, or vice-versa, to organize a weekend get-away or simply to skip a stage or two.
- Most TER allow you to take your bicycle on-board free of charge, as hand luggage in designated spaces
- Some Intercity and TGV trains offer several spaces for bikes, generally with prior booking
- On this site you can find the location of stations on the route maps and practical information about the trains in the ‘details’ section of the stages
- Check for SNCF offers before departing.
- You can find the routes and timetables on TER websites for the following regions:
For your own comfort and that of the other users:
- avoid boarding trains with a bicycle during rush hour
- look for bicycle signs on the carriages
- arrive early to avoid delays when departing
- don’t ride your bicycle in stations
- travel light!